I wasn’t really sure what to call this as it was a mishmash of 2 cakes….I was going to bake a chocolate tart and realised I didn’t have all the ingredients for the sweet pastry. So I decided to make a biscuit base instead. Then I discovered I didn’t have double/whipping cream but only single cream, so I therefore now had to bake. Despite all my misfortunes, this did actually turn out quite nice.
I was only making a small one for my other halves birthday, he loves chocolate…lol!
Makes a small portion for 1 or 2
For the filling:-
100g Milk Chocolate, minimum 35% cocoa
100ml single cream
50ml whole fat milk
For the base:-
4 Digestive biscuits
1 Crunchie chocolate bar
1 tbsp butter – melted
For the toppings:-
small chunks of honeycomb to decorate
small edible spray glitter (optional), it was a birthday after all.
- In a food processor put the digestives, crunchie bar and blitz until breadcrumbs, add in the melted butter and bring together.
- Line a small springform tin with greaseproof paper. Empty the biscuit mixture into the tin and push/flatten down with your hands evenly. Refrigerate.
- Empty the cream and milk into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Place the chocolate into bowl in pieces.
- Pour the hot cream and milk over the chocolate to melt, stir until blended. Set aside to cool.
- Crack the egg into a dish and using a hand mixer, mix until fluffy.
- Once chocolate has cooled, pour egg into bowl and mix through.
- Remove biscuit base from fridge and pour in the chocolate mix.
- Preheat your oven to 130 deg. Gently place the tin in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. You want it set but with a slight wobble. Remove and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder over top (optional) the sprinkle the honeycomb pieces on top. Serve.
- This can be chilled and kept for later. Serve at room temperature.