A Little Afternoon Tea for us today, I had some Rose Water in my cupboard and Pistachio’s to use up so this was the decider. I originally saw a recipe similar on Sous Chef a while ago and was intrigued by the flavour combination, but these were delicious.
Makes 8 Biscuits
65g unsalted butter, softened
40g light brown caster sugar
95g Plain Flour (a little extra for dusting)
35g pistachio kernels, finely chopped
2 tsp Rose Water
50g White Chocolate, melted
- Preheat your oven to 170 deg and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric hand whisker
- Fold in the flour, rose water & pistachios (keep about 1 tbsp of pistachios for finishing)
- Roll out the mixture onto a floured surface to about 1/2 cm thick.
- Using a circle cutter about 6.5mm, cut out your biscuits and place onto your baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Once completely cooled, dip 1 end of the biscuit into the melted chocolate and place onto a wire rack with a tray underneath, or you can spoon the chocolate on. Sprinkle some pistachios over.
- Place in a fridge and allow the chocolate to harden. Serve with a lovely cuppa.