OMG…..I saw this recipe from PON and just had to try as it was lower in calories. (I’m always curious how the flavour will be without all the sugar etc…lol). I have to say these were delicious. I did change the recipe slightly, but still low in calories. Just 70 calories a slice.
Makes 15 slices.
100g Self Raising Flour
50g low fat butter (I used lurpak lighter)
4 medium eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp clear honey
50g White chocolate chips (20g to melt for topping)
4 tbsp light brown sugar (or use sweetener for lower calories)
- Preheat your oven to 170 deg and line a square 8″ tin with greaseproof paper
- Place all of the ingredients, except 25g of the white chocolate chips.
- Pour into the baking tin and sprinkle about 10g of white chocolate chips over the top, bake for about 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Meanwhile melt about 15g of chocolate chips in a microwave dish for about 1 minute.
- Allow the cake to cool at room temperature, once cooled drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and cut into slices.
- Serve with a lovely cuppa. Enjoy.