OMG, this was so yummy! We had a soup ‘n’ pudding kinda day and this is what I decided to try.
Serves about 8
110g plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
110g golden caster sugar
50ml olive oil
50ml walnut oil
55g dark chocolate, chopped
55g chopped walnuts
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
100g melted chocolate for topping
30g chopped walnuts for topping
- Preheat oven to fan 170 deg. Grease a baking tin (approx 12″)
- Blitz the walnuts until fine. Transfer to a bowl and add in the sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt then mix.
- Add in the caster sugar, oils, chopped chocolate, eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Spoon the batter mix into the baking tin and bake for approx 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave and spoon on top of the cake, crumble the remaining walnuts on top. Serve. Yummy!
3 thoughts on “Chocolate & Walnut Cake”
Pingback: Chocolate & Walnut Cake — COOKING WITH LUCE | My Meals are on Wheels