Another quick yummy breakfast for a sunday morning. I always try to use up leftovers, so having some puff pastry left this is what I decided to do this morning. Again I used my lovely little Crisperplate to cook these. Have I told you how much I love this little bit of Technology?? I do love gadgets that simply work in your favour to help save time in the kitchen. You can get more information here
1 Roll of Puff Pastry
7 eggs (1 for wash)
Grated Cheddar Cheese (I used 1 tbsp per basket)
Salt & pepper
Flavourings as per your choice (I used smoked paprika, but you could use chives, chilli, parsley, the list is endless)
- Preheat your Crisperplate for 2 minutes on Crisper setting.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof on the plate once heated.
- Roll out the pastry and using a round cutter, cut out 6 circles.
- Using a smaller circle cutter, gently press into the middle of the circle pastry – dont cut right through. (This makes the outer edge of the basket)
- Using a fork, press the centre to prevent it from rising too much. Brush with egg wash.
- Place the pastry onto the crisper plate and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove and gently edge the inner circle using a spoon and press down to make bottom of basket.
- Place your cheese into the basket and flatten, crack the egg in, gently using a knife pierce the yolk (this prevents it from popping) and season with your flavourings.
- Place back into the Combi Oven and bake for a further 2.5 mins – 3.5 mins, depends how you like your eggs cooked. Serve. Yummy!