Oh Yum…yum…this wee dish was so tasty. Using up my home grown potatoes this little throw together dish was perfect and healthy too.
I made some of my homemade Chapati’s , which went perfectly. Oh…and a wee glass of Chardonnay too! lol!
1 can chickpeas
6 charlotte potatoes, cut into cubes
100g baby Spinach
1 can plum tomatoes
1 tsp cumin
1 onion, chopped finely
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp chilli seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp gram masala
1 tsp dried coriander
1 tsp olive oil/fry oil
- Heat the oil in a saute pan, add the onion and cumin fry until the onion is golden. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli’s, coriander, turmeric, gram masala and chilli powder and cook for five minutes.
- Add in the cubed potatoes and fry until potato is slightly browned, season.
- Add in the plum tomatoes, chop up and mix thoroughly.
- Now add in the chickpeas and mix through, simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Throw in the spinach and cover with a lid to help wilt down. (roughly 5 minutes)
- Serve with Chapati or some rice.