I just love my relaxing Sunday mornings, today the sun was out and I felt great, the sun beaming into my kitchen through my living room. It’s amazing how a little bit of sun makes you feel, especially after our really bad and long winter.
Feeling good I decided to experiment, I was sent an idea recently….omelette in bread….brilliant, easy, tasteful, quick and simple cooking. Loved this.
There are so many combinations you can do, I went with cheese and tomato.
2 Slice of Bread – Thick slice is best
2 large eggs – whisked
2 tomatoes – sliced
Gouda cheese – small handful grated
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan and gently cook your filling ingredients, in this case I gently fried the tomatoes.
- Cut out the centre of the bread and set aside.
- Arrange the filling in the pan to the shape of the centre of the bread, then place the outside of the bread in the pan.
- Gently pour some of the egg mixture into the centre of the bread covering your filling. Do this slowly so it sets. Then sprinkle the cheese on top
- Allow to set slightly, then place the centre of the bread on top and flatten down. Then flip over and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove and serve…so yummy.