If you have read my last few posts, you will know I got a massive 2.5kg bag of potatoes for 29p last week……I know right….so cheap! So my task this week was to use them all…lol! Today I had to use up some leftover vegetables so I decided on pesto Potatoes……this was so delicious, nutritious and a filling meal.
4 Maris piper potatoes – cut into bite size pieces (I left skin on, more flavour)
Handful or Broccoli
Salt & pepper
Green Pesto – 3 tbsps (see recipe below)
clove of garlic crushed
Fresh Basil – large bunch
handful of pine nuts – about 100g
Parmesan Cheese – grated
- Place garlic and basil leaves in a blender and pulse until chopped
- Add in the pine nuts (toasted) and parmesan and pulse to blend
- Slowly add in some olive oil, just enough to bring it all together, then squeeze in the lemon juice. Serve.
- Cook potatoes through until soft, you can either boil or steam cook, 4 minutes before you think they are ready, pour in some peas to the potatoes and simmer.
- Meanwhile, Steam cook your broccoli and spinach for 3 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and put into a large bowl, add in the spinach and broccoli
- Spoon 3 heaped tbsp of pesto and mix through, season
- Serve into a bowl or plate and top with some pine nuts for extra crunch.