Oh I do love new gadgets that work for you. I got my new pasta attachment for my KitchenAid machine last year and this is the first chance I’ve had to use it. I have to admit I was like a child at Christmas today….lol!
I decided to use the Fettuccine one and make a pasta bake for dinner, I was so pleased and amazed at how easy it is to use. Although I have decided that I need a pasta stand to dry the pasta…….as I use my kitchen doors….lol! #quickthinking
Makes enough for about 4 servings
300g ‘OO’ Pasta Flour
1 tsp olive oil
- Pour flour onto a clean dry surface and make a well.
- Crack eggs into the well and gently whisk with a fork, then add the olive oil.
- Gradually start to fold in the flour to the eggs until you have a dough
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Break up into small handfuls of balls and flatten out with your hand.
- Attached the Pasta Roller first, lightly sprinkle with flour, on speed 1 and level 1 roll the pasta through about 5 times.
- Change the level to no. 3 and roll through about 2 times
- Change the level to no. 6 and roll through about 1 or 2 times or until the pasta becomes slightly see through. Put to the side and continue with the rest of the pasta.
- Change the roller attachment to the Fettuccine attachment and roll the pasta through……voila! Perfect Fettuccine.
- Leave to dry out then cook in slightly salted boiling water for only 4-5 minutes.
One thought on “Fresh Pasta”
Pingback: Chicken & Pasta Bake (with a mexican twist) – COOKING WITH LUCE