Breakfast at the weekends are my favourite……..long lazy mornings, the smell of fresh coffee, listening to some morning relaxing music on the radio, (oh I sound old…I should say Spotify!….lol!) a good homemade filling breakfast that sets you up for the day……sound perfect? It’s even more perfect when you have a gadget that simply works everytime, and only 1 pan to ever wash up….now that sounds perfect….does it not?
I’ve made hash browns before using a fry pan on hob, but thought I’d try on my crisper plate and wow, so easy, cooked to perfection, no oil used so therefore its healthier, no turning over and non stick………I’ve said it before but I love this little plate.
2 Potatoes – I used Maris Pipers with skin on, all the flavour is in the skin – don’t peel
Salt & pepper
Knob of Butter
Choice of spices or herbs (I used Turmeric for this one, 2 tsp) I’ve also made it with crushed red peppers for some spice and also a little curried powder.
- Wash potatoes then grate using the large holes on a grater
- Preheat the crisper plate on dynamic crisp for 3 minutes, remove from oven and put knob of butter in to melt.
- Sprinkle the potatoes over the plate, leaving small gaps (like a spiders web), this allows the steam to escape and the potatoes to crisp up nicely
- Season with Salt & pepper & your spices or herbs
- Bake on dynamic crisp setting for 6 minutes
- Remove from oven and crack 2 eggs on top of potatoes, put back in and bake for 1m30sec for runny and 2m for hard egg.
- When you slide it off of the plate it should all stick together like a web.
One thought on “Hash Browns and baked eggs”