I got a Steam Pot with my Hotpoint Combi oven, so I decided to try something different to the normal fish and vegetables. Steam cooking is such a healthy way to cook as it keeps all the nutrients, moisture and structure in the food.
For the Chicken:-
2 Chicken Breasts – season with salt & pepper & crushed spiced red pepper (or chilli)
- Place 200ml of water into the steam pot and place the grid in the pot.
- Place the chicken breasts onto the grid plate and put on the lid.
- Select Steam Cooking and steam for 10 minutes.
Result:- perfect succulent juicy chicken
For the Rice:-
150g of Long grain and wild rice (approx 75g per person)
300ml of Chicken Stock
- Place the rice into the steam pot (remove the grid)
- Pour the stock into the rice and cover with the lid
- Cook on the rice setting for 18 minutes
Result:- perfectly cooked rice
I slightly cheated and bought some ready made Chow mein sauce which I heated up in a pan for a few minutes and poured over chicken and rice…..so yummy!
Serve with a Fortune Cookie! (For a bit of fun!)