First Recipe trying out my new oven. Baked perfectly and tasted even better….lol!
225g Black Treacle
255g Soft Light Brown Sugar
2 eggs, beaten
350g plain flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
250ml warm milk (I used semi-skimmed)
- Melt together Treacle, sugar and butter, mixing all the time
- Remove from heat and mix in the eggs
- Sieve flour into a large bowl, add the salt, cinnamon and ginger and mix together until combined
- Mix bicarbonate soda to warm milk then slowly add to the mixture and mix well
- Line a 10″ square baking tin and grease
- Pour mixture into tin and bake in the oven. I used my new Cake function, if you don’t have this then bake 140 deg for about 1-1.5hrs. Test with a knife, if it comes out clean its ready.
- Serve with some warm custard or ice cream.
7 thoughts on “Sticky Ginger Cake”