First try at marbling, I’ve seen it loads of times in magazines but never tried it, who knew it would be that simple!
150g light brown sugar
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla essence
200 g self raising flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
pinch of salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 170 deg.
2. Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper
3. Place butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix together until smooth and fluffy
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well.
5. Mash the banana and add with the vanilla essence and mix
6. In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, salt and cinnamon together, fold into the wet mixture until combined.
7. Pour half the mixture into another bowl and mix through the cocoa powder
8. Spoon both mixtures into the baking tin alternating between each so you have layers.
9. Drag a knife through the mixture a few times to marble then bake for approx. 1 hr or until knife comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack.