I do amaze myself sometimes, first try at chapti’s and they turned out perfect first time! Again as I have said in a previous post this year, I’m going to try all those things I said I would and didn’t in 2016 and this is one of them.
300g plain flour (plus extra for dusting)
1 tsp salt
50g butter melted
oil for cooking
- First melt the butter with the milk either in a pan on a hob or in a microwave for about 1 minute
- Sift flour into a bowl add salt then add the milk and butter, mix until you get a soft smooth dough, if its too sticky just add more flour.
- Roll into a ball and wrap in cling film for about 1 hour at room temperature.
- When ready, tear into about 6 balls (about the size of a tennis ball)
- Flour your work surface and roll out each ball into a circle or best you can circle shape about 2-3mm thick.
- Preheat some oil in a fry pan to a medium to high heat then drop in the bread.
- Cook on each side for about 1 minute, you shouldn’t need more than that if you have the right temperature.
Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving.
If you want more of a wrap just turn the temperature down so it cooks slowly and softly, same time on each side.
So much more healthier than shop bought ones or ones from your local take out and I personally think tastier too. Was definitely a hit with my partner.