With some puff pastry left in the fridge and looking for a tasty Sunday brunch thought I’d have a go at a puff pastry tart. Such a simple and easy yet tasty delight. The fillings are endless too, I now have so many ideas going on in my head for next time…….goats cheese being one of my favourites.
1 sheet of puff pastry
1 egg whisked for the wash
2 egg yolks
handful cherry tomatoes – halved
handful of spinach
salt & pepper to taste
- Firstly cut your pastry into a square, about 5″ x 5″, using a sharp knife draw a square around the pastry about 1 cm in, be careful not to cut right through.
- Brush the pastry with the egg wash.
- Place the spinach in the square then the cherry tomatoes around the edge.
- Place into a preheated oven at 190 deg for approx 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, pour the remaining egg wash into the centre and then place the egg yolks in the middle, put back in oven and continue to cook for approx 10-15mins.
- Remove and serve……Yum!