I believe Creamed corn pancakes originally came from Australia, a popular brunch food on the menu, however, I think they call them fritters! I decided to give them a go, the weather is getting colder and I crave warmer filling food, so this is ideal either as a breakfast, brunch or lunch.
This recipe made 6 large pancakes:-
For the pancakes:-
1 tsp baking powder
100ml full fat milk (or you could use buttermilk)
1 can creamed corn
1 handful of fresh sweetcorn
handful of parsley
Salt & pepper
- Whisk together milk, egg, creamed corn, sweetcorn, salt & pepper
- Mix flour and baking powder together and add to the above mixture, throw in the parsley stirring through
- Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp oil and then spoon into pan making a pancake shape (I love this bit, you always know when it’s homemade when it’s a weird shape and 2 are never the same….lol!)
- Cook through for about 5-7 mins each side or until browned and cooked through (medium heat)
Meanwhile for the Salsa:-
Handful of cherry tomatoes – halved
1 onion – chopped finely
1 clove Garlic
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp tomato paste
Salt & pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan – high heat, add the onion and the pancetta, cook until onion is softened down
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, garlic, salt & pepper and sugar, mix through, cook for about 5-7 mins. Any liquid should thicken.
I served mine with some mashed avocado also. Yummy!
2 thoughts on “Creamed Corn Pancakes with Salsa”