A Healthier Twist to your normal Nacho dish. I had some Bagels left and decided to give this a shot, it worked perfectly adding that little bit of crunch to the bake. Easy to make to & just 30 minutes to bake in total which makes this dish a great quick family meal. I served it with a refreshing homemade spicy salsa which was a great accompaniment.
2 Large Chicken Breasts, cut into bite size pieces
2 Bagels, cut into bite sized pieces
Small head of Broccoli, cut into small pieces
400g Tin of mixed beans (or baked beans)
200g Tin of tinned tomatoes
2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
2 Fresh Tomatoes, diced
1/2 Red Onion, diced
Small handful or chopped coriander
1 Chilli, diced
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Avocado, diced
100g Mature Cheddar (lighter option to make it healthier)
2 Tbsp Oil or spray oil
- Preheat your oven to 190 deg. Drizzle the bagel pieces with 1 tbsp oil and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes tossing halfway to brown. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, spray a fry pan with oil and heat to a medium heat, season the chicken and coat in the paprika then add to warm pan to brown, 10 minutes. Add in the broccoli and mix through for a few minutes. Next add in the beans and tin tomatoes, stir through. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Top the chicken mixture with the baked bagels then top with the grated cheese. Place into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile to make the salsa, put the diced tomatoes, chilli, onion, avocado, coriander into a bowl and mix, pour 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar along with half juice of lime and mix through.
- Once ready serve with salsa and enjoy.