This is not only lovely and tasty but healthy too…..I know your thinking egg fried rice? healthy? but I have used low fat cooking spray and basmati and quinoa rice!
2 x peppers (colours of your choice)
30g Basmati and Quinoa Rice (I used Tilda..my fav!)
small handful of sweetcorn
few cubes of feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 220 deg and roast peppers for about 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, bring to the boil a pan of water and cook the rice on high simmer for about 25 mins. The last 5 mins add in your sweetcorn to heat through.
- Spray the pan with a little oil and add the eggs, you much constantly stir or it will stick, you want a scrambled effect.
- Drain the rice mixture and add to the egg, mix together heating gently for a few mins. Season with pepper.
- Remove from heat and take our your peppers, stuff the peppers with the mixture and sprinkle on some feta cheese.
Yummy lunch or side dish.