Couldn’t decide between Thai or Italian for lunch……so why not have both? This was a tasty wee snack for lunch that just simply worked. I love creating in my kitchen. Sun was shining today and wanted a refreshing lunch snack with a bit of a punch.
4 x Thai Rice papers
About 12 king prawns (3 in each wrap)
Handful of my favourite Italian pasta – Spaghetti al Nero di Seppia (translated – black squid ink spaghetti)
Handful of Kalette leaves – steamed
Peanut satay sauce – my favourite is by Cottage Delights as it has a nice spice kick to it.
Parmesan Cheese – grated
1 tbsp crushed peanuts
- Cook pasta as per instructions. It does look a bit like worms…..lol!
- Heat a griddle pan to a high heat and griddle the prawns for a few minutes on each side. Then mix with the peanut sauce.
- Soak the rice paper as per instructions.
- Assemble together with kalette leaves, spaghetti, prawns then shavings of parmesan, the roll to make your parcels. I always find folding the sides in then rolling keeps everything in better.
- Place on a plate, sprinkle peanuts over and serve with a little of the peanut satay sauce. Yummy!