Today I woke up late after one of my friends 30th Birthday Party last night, surprisingly I felt really good and awake, after a shower and breakfast I suddenly got the urge to bake after my boyfriend saying he had the munchies…lol! So off I went into the kitchen, music on and feeling creative. Looking in my cupboards I came up with 2 different muffin recipes….so here goes the first one:-
Makes 6 muffins
125g Plain Flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
50g caster sugar
40g desiccated coconut
1 really ripe banana
90ml semi skimmed milk
1 egg beaten
50g butter melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180deg. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon and pinch of salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar a 45g of coconut (leave a tbsp amount for after). Make a well in the middle.
- Peel banana and mash 3/4 of it into a paste. Put 1/4 to side. Put banana paste into well of flour mix.
- Lightly whisk milk, beaten egg, vanilla and melted butter together, pour into well of flour mix.
- Mix all ingredients together but do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the 6 muffin cases.
- Slice the remaining banana and place one or two slices on top and sprinkle remaining coconut over.
- Place in oven and bake for about 20-25 mins until knife comes out clean. Leave to cool.
Then eat to your hearts content! YUMMY!
Also check out my other Muffin recipe:- Maple Syrup and Chocolate!
BEWARE!! your kitchen WILL get messy! lol!
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 45.5 mg
- Sodium: 87.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Sugars: 11.8 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
One thought on “Banana and Coconut Muffins”
Pingback: Maple Syrup and Chocolate Muffins | COOKING WITH LUCE