Makes 1 x 8 inch cake tin
I cheated slightly with this and used ready made cake mix.
200g Betty Crocker Vanilla Cake Mix
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup sour cream – approx 75ml
1/4 cup water – 75ml
2 large bananas – sliced
100g shredded coconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 deg, grease the baking tin with spray oil.
- With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and sour cream on low until combined. Beat on high for 2 minutes
- Place banana slices evenly on bottom of tin.
- In a small saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and lemon juice and heat until dissolved. (approx 40 secs) Pour the brown sugar mixture into the cake tin over the bananas. Sprinkle coconut over brown sugar sauce.
- Pour over the cake mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake in oven for approx 40 mins. (If you have a Hotpoint Luce oven, use the dessert setting to bake).
- Let it cool for 5 mins then serve with some ice cream, custard or even just some whipped cream. YUMMY!!