1 large or 2 small chicken breasts chopped
1 onion sliced
100g Stornoway or Halls black pudding sliced
4 small/medium potatoes peeled and sliced
1 cooking apple diced
250ml chicken stock
Salt and pepper
Plain flour to coat chicken
1. Coat the chicken in flour and season well, Fry chicken and onions until browned
2. Layer half the potatoes on the bottom of a casserole dish, then add the chicken, then half the onions, then the black pudding and apple then with remaining onions and top with last layer of potatoes.
3. Pour in chicken stock, cook in the oven at 180 deg for 1.5 hours.
4. Add the butter and return to over to melt through, cook for 1/2 hour more.
5. Serve…..this is really yummy and filling. As you can see my partner loved it…empty plate!