My spicy meatballs with spaghetti Serves 2
For the Meatballs:-
300g Scottish steak mince
1 red onion finely chopped
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Garlic
Salt & Pepper
For the Sauce:-
100 g Water
Basil, Handful chopped
1 tbsp. Garlic
1 tbsp Tomato puree
1 tsp caster sugar
Few drops of Tobasco or more I you like it really spicy
1. Mix all the Meatball ingredients together to form a ball, then break up into small meatball size portions. I got 14.
2. Brown meatballs in a frying pan until cooked all over.
3. Meanwhile cook pasta as per instructions.
4. Add all the sauce ingredients into the same pan as the meatballs and stir through, heat on a high heat but not boiling for about 10 mins.
5. Dish up and serve with some parmesan cheese on top and a wee glass of vino. Yummy!