Looking in my fridge tonight I had a lot of greens needing to be used up, so as I had a curried meal last night I decided to go with Oriental, and it worked our deliciously. Don’t you just love it when you just fling everything in last minute and you create a delicious meal for yourself.
150g Breast Turkey
50g Trimmed Green Beans
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp chinese five spice
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- Spray oil a griddle pan and heat to a high heat
- Rub chinese five spice into turkey breast, then cook on griddle pan for approx 5-6 mins each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place all the greens, (broccoli, kale and green beans in a steamer and steam for about 5 mins)
- Peel carrot skin off then slice into thin strips
- Once veg is cooked, mix in the carrot, soy sauce, sesame seeds and red pepper.
- Place veg mix onto a plate and top with the turkey breast. Yum!
Oriental Turkey and Mixed Greens
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 97.5 mg
- Sodium: 2242.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 11 g
- Sugars: 9.9 g
- Protein: 46.4 g
Makes 4 – approx 110 calories per muffin
4 Turkey Rashers – low fat
3 eggs – whisked
1 pepper (of your choice) – chopped
2 spring onions – chopped
handful chives – chopped finely
ground black pepper to taste
2 handfuls of Baby Spinach
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg. Lightly fry turkey in a pan for 5 mins with light spray oil.
2. Meanwhile, whisk eggs and add chives and pepper
3. Spray muffin tray with light oil to prevent sticking. To layer up, place turkey rashers on bottom of each muffin case (I used a cutter to shape them circular so they fit in perfectly), then place the baby spinach in and top with pepper and spring onions.
4. Pour into each one the egg mixture and bake for approx 20 mins.
5. Serve on a bed of spinach….yummy!
Another 15 minute meal under 300 calories.
Vegetables of your choice, sliced and chopped, I used:-
Courgette, Carrott, Cucumber, Chinese Beansprouts, Red cabbage, Red, Yellow, Green peppers, Spring onion
1. Coat Turkey strips in Chinese Five Spice and brown in a little sesame oil for approx 10 mins.
2. Add all the chopped vegetables and stir fry for 3 mins. Add in some Soy Sauce and cook for further 2 mins.
3. Empty into a bowl, sprinkle some sesame seeds and enjoy. Simple, quick, healthy yet tasty.
If you don’t like Soy, you could add some sweet chilli sauce.
My Bacon and Egg flower pots. – Avg calories per serving 250.
4 Lightly Smoked Turkey Rashers
2 Medium Eggs
Handful of kale
1/4 Avocado sliced
Ground Black Pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 deg.
2. Lightly spray a few holes in a muffin tin with spray oil
3. Lightly fry the bacon until slightly browned, approx 4 mins. Place into the muffin tin to make a base.
4. Crack the eggs into the bacon base and sprinkle some cracked black pepper on top to taste.
5. Half the tomatoes and place into one of the muffin spaces to cook.
6. Bake in the oven for approx 15 mins or 10 mins if you like eggs runny.
7. Meanwhile bring large pan of water to boil, add Kale and then simmer for 8 mins, drain.
8. Place Kales on a plate then top with bacon/egg cups, tomatoes and avocado. Yummy!
I am on the health hunt again, looking for alternative options. These were delicious.
Makes 6 or 4 large ones – (can be frozen) Per serving:- Calories: 191, Fat 3.6g of which 1.2g saturate, Carbs 8.3g, Protein 11.4g.
1 red onion
1 courgette or green pepper (your preference)
1 red chilli – chopped
2 cloves garlic
250g turkey mince (you can use chicken or lean minced beef)
50 g oat bran
120 g mozerella
salt & pepper
1. Chop the onion, courgette or pepper, garlic and chilli and saute in a little oil in a large pan for 5 mins, then let cool.
2. In a bowl mix the minced turkey, eggs, oat bran, salt and pepper and the cooled vegetable mix and mix well.
3. Form the burgers and push a slice of mozerella into the middle covering well.
4. Grill on a medium heat for 5 mins each side, or place on a griddle pan with little oil for 5 mins each side, check that it is cooked through.
5. Serve on it’s own with some side salad or low fat chips, or you can serve in a healthy flatbread with some tomato and salad.
You must be logged in to post a comment.