Have I ever told you how much I love this Crisper Plate by Hotpoint, LOL!, and have I ever told you how much I love breakfast time? Well my saturday morning was a case of up and out so I need something quick but filling, this little omelette pocket only took 4 minutes to cook and so tasty and filling. Mission accomplished!
5-6 slices of smoked cooked ham
handful of grated cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper to season
- Preheat the crisper plate for 2 minutes
- Beat eggs together with seasoning
- Pour onto crisper plate, lay evenly the spinach, ham, cheese and season to taste (you can of course use any combination of filling you like)
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 4 minutes or until eggs have set.
- Cut in half and fold over, serve. Yummy!
My perfect Saturday morning Brekkie…..:)
Oh yes……my magic little crisper plate performs again with excellent results.
Thought I would try an omelette this time as it is a 50/50 chance I get the flip right in a pan……lol!
This crisper plate cooks right through without flipping in just 2 minutes…..oh yes just 2 minutes!
Makes 1 large omelette – 2 people or 1 if your hungry…lol!
Cooked smoked ham pieces
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat crisper plate on crisp setting for 3 minutes
- Whisk together eggs and seasoning, pour onto crisper plate
- Add on your fillings, for me this time it was ham and cheese. (spinach is another fav of mine)
- Cook on dynamic crisp setting for 2 minutes. Yummy! NO FLIPPING! Perfect omelette.
Hope everyone had a Good Christmas!
With left over Ham I decided to make some potato Souffles with it and they turned out a nice wee delicious lunch treat.
2 medium size potatoes – boiled and mashed
4 Spring onions – chopped finely
Grated Cheddar Cheese – depends on your taste (I used a good handful)
Leftover Cooked Ham
1 Tbsp Flour to bind
butter to coat ramekins
Salt & Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
- Add mashed potatoes, spring onions, ham and cheese to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Separate eggs yolks from whites and add yolks to mixing bowl and mix together with some seasoning. If mixture is too wet add a little flour to help combine.
- Whisk up egg Whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture then pour into some buttered ramekins. Sprinkle some paprika on top.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 220 deg for about 15-20 mins or until golden brown on top.
You must be logged in to post a comment.