Sometimes you just need to treat yourself with the little things in life that make you happy. This is one of them for me. Having some disaronno left from New Year, I decided to treat myself today, because I deserve it!
Put a pot of fresh coffee on, preferably strong taste.
Pour some Disaronno or any Amaretto into a glass.
Top with freshly brewed coffee.
Froth up some milk or cream with a little frother and spoon on top.
Grate some dark chocolate over.
Relax and Enjoy a little afternoon delight. xx
A wee afternoon treat to myself, I love Amaretto and I love coffee, no better way than to combine them. I had some Amaretto flavoured coffee left over so decided to try that instead of the liqueur in the biscuits (as I had none) and it so worked.
Makes 12 biscuits
200g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp amaretto coffee, my fav from the Edinburgh Tea & coffee Company
1 tbsp orange flavouring
50g cocoa powder
- Firstly make the amaretto coffee in a cafetiere.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder ,baking powder and butter together. Then add in the coffee and orange flavouring, mix together until you get a dough like consistency.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and refrigerate for about an hour just enough so you can roll out.
- Remove from fridge and roll out to approx 1cm thick, place some greaseproof paper or parchmont paper on a baking tray.
- Using a cutter, cut out the biscuits and place onto baking sheet. Bake for approx 15 mins at 200 deg.
- Remove and place on a wire rack to cool and crisp up. Sprinkle some icing sugar over and serve.
I love to dunk mine into fresh coffee……oh so yummy!
Amaretti Low Carb Biscuits – Makes approx 16-20 – Per biscuit: 51 calories, 0.5g carbs, 4g fat, 2g protein
150g Almond flour
3 Tbsp Splenda Sugar or alternative (Truvia)
2 Egg Whites
1.5 tbsp Amaretto Disaronno liqueur
1. Pre-heat oven 170 deg
2. Whisk egg whites until stiff
3. Mix flour and sugar together, then add flour mixture to the egg mixture 1 tablespoon at a time mixing in.
4. Add in Disaronno liqueur and mix well.
5. Line baking tray with greaseproof paper and spoon into small round shapes or roll into a small ball in hands and then flatten. Make sure there is at least 2 cm between as they will expand slightly.
6. Bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Let cool and store in an airtight container until desired.
Goes well with a lovely Disaronno Liqueur coffee
1. Make up some real coffee ie: filtered or beans whichever is your preference.
2. While coffee is filtering, pour some milk approx 100ml into a jug and whisk until frothy, you can also heat milk up first before whisking.
3. Pour approx 25ml of liqueur into a tall latte style mug.
4. Pour coffee slowly in and then top with the frothy milk.
Serve with amaretti biscuits….Yummy afternoon delight!