These little Cheesy Potato Stacks are so tasty and so easy to make, a great little lunchtime snack or side dish for the whole family. You can also make it to suit your tastes, I used paprika spice and herbs but you could try Rosemary, Thyme or even Chilli. Great thing with these is you can freeze them and used them later in the week. Great snack box bites too.
3-4 Large Potatoes – I used King Edwards but Russet works well too.
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (choose a quality melting cheese)
Butter for Muffin Tin
Rainbow Peppercorns & Salt to season
1 tsp Smoked Paprika (or any other spice)
2 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs (or any other herbs)
- Preheat your oven to 200 deg C fan (400 F)
- In a bowl mix the grated cheese with salt, pepper & mixed herbs
- Grease your muffin tin with a little butter
- Wash & dry your potatoes thoroughly, keeping the skin on, thinly slice the potatoes, using a mandoline or slicer attachment is best. Pat dry the slices of potatoes, you don’t want them too moist or they won’t crisp up in oven.
- Take about 2 slices and lay in bottom of muffin tin, next sprinkle over some of the cheese mix, then another layer of 2 slices of potato and so on, until the stack is just above the muffin tin, (I had about 6 layers), finishing with a sprinkle of cheese mix. (the potatoes will shrink when cooked)
- Sprinkle on top a little pinch of paprika spice and cover loosely with kitchen tin foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for a further 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the muffin tin, this will make it easier to remove and hold their shape. Serve. Yum!