OMG! I do love Avocado’s & if you do too, you will love this little recipe. A good nutritious and healthy way to start your day. Creamy luxurious texture, full of good vitamins, healthy fatty acids, flavour and fiber, why would you not want to? Good on their own or serve with a poached egg or crispy bacon for a more luxury weekend treat.
Makes 4 large pancakes
1 Large avocado
100g Plain Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut oil – melted
butter for the pan
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt & nutmeg in a bowl
- Combine the avocado, milk, egg, coconut oil and vanilla in a food processor until smooth
- Mix the avocado into the flour until blended
- Melt the butter in a fry pan on medium to high heat, scoop the batter into the pan (whichever size you like) and cook for about 2-3 minutes per each side.
- Serve. I put on a bed of Spinach with a poached egg on top, Yummy!