Sloppy Joes is a traditional United States Dish and usually served on a Brioche Bun, but as I’m always looking for healthier options, this little alternative was simply superb and still very very tasty without the carb guilt. Thanks to PON again for another fab recipe.
1 onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 green pepper, finely chopped
400g 5% fat scotch minced beef
1 tsp mustard powder
3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
sea salt & rainbow pepper
1 red pepper cut lengthways
1 yellow pepper cut lengthways
40g reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 deg.
- Spray a fry pan with a little oil and heat to medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic & green pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes
- Add in the minced beef, turn up heat slightly and cook mince until browned
- Then add in the mustard powder, worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, red wine vinegar and water, turn heat down and cook for about 5 minutes, season with salt & pepper
- Divide the beef mixture between to pepper halves, scatter the cheese over and bake in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Serve. Yummy!
3 thoughts on “Healthier option Sloppy Joes”