We do love a good stew on a Sunday, this is a little change to the normal traditional stew and super tasty with loads of flavour. All you need is some good fresh bread to douk (dip in) and scoop up the gravy. Yummy!
Makes 2-3 servings
400g good scottish steak (diced)
75g-100g chorizo (diced)
1 x 400g can tin chopped tomatoes
1 x 225g tin chickpeas
1 x 225g tin red kidney beans
300ml beef stock
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 clove garlic minced
100ml red wine
1 tbsp worcester sauce
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 red onion – chopped
Coriander – chopped to garnish
Salt & pepper to season
- Heat a little oil in a pan and gently fry the steak until browned, then add in the chorizo and onion until softened.
- Sprinkle on the cumin, paprika, garlic, sugar, cinnamon and tomato paste and mix through to coat beef. Season well.
- Add in the chickpeas, kidney beans, tin tomatoes, stock and worcester sauce, mix and bring to the boil. Add in the red wine.
- Reduce to a low simmer place lid on pan and cook slowly for about 2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve with a sprinkle or coriander. Yum.
One thought on “Steak & Chorizo Slow Cook stew”
Pingback: Steak & Chorizo Slow Cook stew — COOKING WITH LUCE | My Meals are on Wheels