These are so easy to make and perfect for parties and get together’s. With a lovely dip of your choice they are perfect little nibbles.
Makes about 60 crackers
125g Plain Flour
125g Strong White Flour
15g Lard – melted
7g dried yeast
150ml warm water
Pinch of salt
- Mix flours, yeast, water & lard in a mixer bowl then add in the salt and mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1.5 hrs – 2 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 210 deg on a convection bake setting.
- Cut the dough into 3 or 4 pieces and flatten with your hand, using a pasta maker, put through and roll until you have a very thin sheet. I used No. 1, No. 3 then No. 5 setting on my Kitchen Aid mixer pasta roller.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut into thin slices about 3″ x 1.5″, mine were all different sizes, so its really whatever size you want, but not too small or too big.
- Place onto a baking tray and brush each cracker with the olive oil, then bake for about 5-7 minutes or until bubbled and slightly browned.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Serve with some yummy dips.