I saw this idea on the KitchenAid Recipe FB site and decided to give it a try. Oh my…..it is by far the fluffiest and lightest omelette I’ve ever had. Great idea of using the Mixer and separating the eggs.
Makes 1 omelette
1 tbsp milk
Salt & pepper to taste
Dill or chives (your preference)
Choice of fillings (again your choice) I used sweet peppers and spring onions.
Handful of cherry tomatoes to serve – grown in my own garden.
- Seperate the eggs and whisk until fluffy with. Pour the milk into the yolk mixture. I whisked on power 6 for 3 mins, the 4 for 2 mins.
2. Gently fold the yolks into the whites and season.
3. Heat 1 know of butter in a non stick pan. Gently fry off the peppers and spring onions.
4. Once browned pour the egg mixture into the pan and gently cook for a few minutes on eash side.
5. Remove onto a plate, cut in half the tomatoes and gently brown in the pan for a few minutes and serve.