This was originally a slimming world recipe I found but thought it needed more flavour so I added my own spin on it. It was very delicious, if I do say so myself, and very filling.
I made some wholemeal baguettes to go with it too which went perfectly for soaking up the left over sauce on the plate.
6 Chorizo Style Sausages
3 sweet peppers – chopped
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp dried chillies
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
150ml chicken stock
250g red kidney beans (or any other bean can be used)
4 spring onions – chopped
150g red lentils
knob of butter
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Spray a large pan with little oil on medium to high heat, gently fry the garlic, peppers and onion for a few minutes.
- Add in the sausages and brown all over, about 5-10 minutes
- Meanwhile put red lentils into a pan and add about 5cm water, bring to the boil, once boiling remove the white foam then add the knob of butter and mix through, remove from heat.
- Add into the pan with sausages and vegetables the chilli, paprika, worcestershire sauce, passata, stock, beans and lentils then mix through. Gently bring to boil then reduce to a medium simmer for about 20 minutes.
- If sauce is still too runny, bring to boil and boil gently for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Slice the sausages diagonally into thirds.
- Garnish with some parsley and serve.