This was Inspired by Jamie Oliver’s 5 Ingredient Programme. It looked and sounded too good not to try. However, I decided to put my own slight twist to it. This dish is so yummy and very filling too.
I think I’m going to try it next with Red pesto and chilli. Mmmmmmmm!
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Roll Puff Pastry
4 tbsp Green Pesto
1 egg for wash
Bag of baby spinach
Sat & pepper to season
Cherry tomatoes or vine.
- Preheat oven to 220 deg. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Firstly flatten out chicken breasts with a rolling pin, just so the fattest part is even with rest of the chicken as you want it to cook evenly through.
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally and stuff with some spinach leaves.
- Cut the puff pastry lengthways once, then vertically 6 times to make 14 small rectangles.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of pesto onto the chicken breast and place onto the backing sheet.
- Take the puff pastry strips and wrap around the chicken, overlapping each time. Brush with egg wash.
- Place the chicken breasts on the centre shelf (No.3) then place the tomatoes in a pan on shelf level below (No. 1). Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile steam cook the rest of the spinach. (3 minutes)
- Slice the chicken breasts and serve…….yummy!