I started watching Jamie Oliver’s new 5 Ingredient TV Show and liked the sound of the Almond Puff Pastry. Using my little magic Crisper Plate, thought I would give this a go.
All butter puff pastry
100g ground almonds or whole and blitz
2 eggs (1 for wash)
1 tbsp double cream
- Roll out puff pastry into 2 circles
- Blitz almonds in a processor, or if using ground add to a mixing bowl, add 1 spoon icing sugar, 1 tbsp cream and egg and mix together until blended
- Place 1 circle onto preheated crisper plate and fill the centre with the mixture leaving approx 1 inch all round
- Place the other pastry circle on top and seal the edges with a fork
- Brush will egg wash and put small knife hole in the middle
- Cook on Dynamic Crisp setting for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and dust with some icing sugar then serve with some fresh cream……oh so yummy!