I’ve seen posts about Baked French Toast and always wondered how it tastes, so today was that day that I would give it a go. I normally fry my eggy bread so I was intrigued. It tasted amazing with the Maple Syrup and a great Sunday Brunch recipe.
6 slices of thick white bread (it has to be white, I’ve tried wholemeal in the past and it just doesn’t work)
1 cup Milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp sugar (brown or white, your choice)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter – melted
Maple Syrup to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 deg
- Cut bread into long slices. Mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture and let excess drip off
- Place some greaseproof or parchment paper on a baking tray and lay the bread strips on top, leaving a small space in between
- Using the melted butter, brush the tops of the slices then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes
- Remove and turn over the slices, repeat with the butter and sugar and bake for a further 15 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly, plate up and drizzle with Maple Syrup…..Yummy!!