I made these for my mum as she loves apple and cinnamon and a wee treat now and then. I first saw these on Pinterest and just had to give them a try. Not only do they look amazingly good they taste fantastic. Would be lovely served with some ice cream or cream.
Ready rolled Puff Pastry
2 tbsp Apricot Jam
2 Pink Lady Apples
Flour for rolling pastry
Juice from 1/2 lemon
little icing sugar to decorate
- Firstly preheat oven to 180 deg.
- Cut apples in half and remove core and any seeds, very thinly slice the apples to make arch like shapes.
- Fill a bowl 1/2 full with water and squeeze the lemon juice in, place the apple slices in the water and microwave on full power for about 3-4 minutes until apples are soft and flexible.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Mix apricot jam with 1 tbsp water and microwave for 1 minute on full power. Remove and allow to cool.
- Roll out your pastry thinly, and cut into strips about 6-8 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Spread a little of the Apricot Jam onto pastry.
- Lay the apple slices along the pastry overlapping them slightly, but placing them only half way down.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder for extra flavour.
- Take the bottom of the pastry and fold up onto the apples.
- Then very gently and not too tight, take one end and roll the pastry up.
- Once rolled, place into a lightly greased muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes, until cooked and slightly browned.
- Place into cake cases and lightly dust with icing sugar and serve. Yummy!!