I cheated a bit with the dahl and bought ready cooked lentils, if using from scratch it can take 2-3 hours of cooking.
For the Lentil Dahl
1 x packet of Green lentils (250g)
1 tsp ginger
1tsp olive oil
1 tbsp chilli
200g chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp Tamarind paste (or you could use Kasoori methi)
- Pour oil into a pan and heat, add in ginger, garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add in the butter and let melt, add in the tamarind paste and chilli and mix through, then add in the lentils and chopped tomatoes. Mix through and heat for 4-5 mins. Ready to serve.
For the Masala Potato Curry
300 salad potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
200 g chopped tomatoes
1 red chilli chopped
1tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp cumin
1 medium onion chopped
2 tbsp fresh coriander for garnish
- Wash and chop potatoes into 2cm cubes.
- heat oil in a pan, add in cumin. coriander and onion, cook for 5 mins.
- Add in the chilli and potatoes and season with salt and pepper
- Add 200ml of water, cover and cook for 8 mins
- add the chopped tomatoes and cook uncovered for 7 mins or until tender
- Ready to serve, then garnish with fresh coriander
If you don’t like it too spicy, use 1/2 chilli and 1tsp cumin instead.
Serve both with some Chapati….YUMMY!