I am always looking to make me meals healthier. By adding Chickpeas this dish certainly fills you up. Chickpeas are rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber, they may offer a variety of health benefits, such as improving digestion, aiding weight management and reducing the risk of several diseases. Additionally, chickpeas are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets.
1 400g can of chickpeas
1 chicken breast – cubed
1 white onion – finely chopped
1 red pepper – roasted and chopped
100ml Chicken Stock
1-2 tbsp curry powder (depending on flavour of your choice) I used 2, we like it spicy.
1 level tbsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp olive oil
2 handfuls of spinach
1. Brown the chicken in the olive oil for 5 mins
2. Add in the chopped onion and fry until brown, then add in chopped pepper
3. Add in the curry powder, cumin. cinnamon and pepper to taste, mix through
4. Add in tomato passata and chicken stock, bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 mins.
5. Throw in the spinach and allow to wilt stirring through, cook for a further 5 mins.
Serve on it’s own or with some rice of your choice. Yum!