One of my favourite Scottish meals!
1 x Scottish haggis
2 large Potatoes, I used Albert Bartlett potatoes (yum)
pinch salt and pepper
50ml warm milk
1 knob of butter
Choice of sauce – the usual is whisky cream sauce but we’re not that keen, so a good old sweet gravy it is for us!
1. Cook haggis as per instructions, normally in a casserole dish at 190 deg for 1/5 hours.
2. Peel and dice potatoes and turnip,bring to the boil (in a separate pan) and then simmer for 25 mins, add in pinch of salt.
3. Once all cooked, mash potatoes with the warm milk and butter added so make a smooth consistency.
4. Also mash the turnip to a good smooth consistency.
5. Take a cookie cutter and lay on plate spoon in haggis first making sure it is well patted down, then lift the cutter up slightly but not out and then spoon the turnip on top of the haggis and pat down, repeat the same with the potatoes.
6. If you have any left over add to plate in your own design, pour over sauce and serve. Yum Yum!
2 thoughts on “Haggis, Neeps & Tatties (haggis, turnip & potatoes…..lol!)”
Pingback: Happy Burns Night! | COOKING WITH LUCE
Pingback: Burns Night Recipes | COOKING WITH LUCE