A lower calories alternative for one of my favourites.
Serves 2 – 267 calories per portion
2 smoked back bacon rashers
oil for spraying
100 g mushrooms button, halved (optional)
1 leek, finely sliced
2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
25 g plain flour
400ml chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube
100g fresh broccoli, cut into small florets
2 tbsp half fat creme fraiche
3 sheets filo pastry
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven on Fan to 200 deg.
2. Trim bacon rashers and cut into small strips.
3. Mist the frying pan with oil, add bacon and mushrooms to pan and cook for about 4 mins.
4. Add the leek and chicken and cook until browned, sprinkle over flour and stir, slowly pour in the stock, little at a time.
5. Bring to a simmer and season well with salt and pepper, Add broccoli and peas and bring water back to a simmer. Cook for 5 mins or until sauce thickens, remove from heat and add creme fraiche.
6. Put the mixture into a deep dish. Cut each file sheet into strips about 4cm wide then Spray each filo sheet with oil and working quickly top the dish with filo oil side up, crumpling and scrunching them.
7. Bake for about 15 mins. Serve with some roast potatoes or fresh veg.