Looking for something a bit more tastier and a healthier more nutritious option to go with my healthier option curry tonight, having a sweet potato left over from last weeks shopping I decided to try this……and well, it turned out amazing, super tasty and the structure held very well too.
1 large Sweet Potato
1 cup of plain flour
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt & pepper to taste
- Start by steam cooking the sweet potato (I used my steam pot and steamed for 6 minutes by slicing into 1-2cm thick slices), do not roast as this will not give you the same flavour.
- Allow potato to cool in a bowl then mash and add the spices and flour. With your hands bring to a dough.
- Flour a surface a cut the dough into 6 pieces. Roll out each piece as thin as you can.
- Heat a little oil (not too much or it will burn too quickly) in a fry pan on a very high heat and cook until you see the dough start to bubble, then turn over and cook for a further minute, remove & continue with the rest.
- If you have any leftovers simply vacuum pack and store either in the fridge for later of you can freeze.
You must be logged in to post a comment.