Today was a scorcher! 22 deg (which is great for Scotland!), looking for a refreshing drink thought I would experiment with Tea and wine…..yes you heard me….Tea and wine! It was so refreshing and fruity, just what I needed on a Hot Sunday afternoon.
2 Tea Bags of fruit infused (I used Twinings Raspberry & Pomegranate)
Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio Wine (amount to your choosing!)
- Firstly pop 2 T Bags in warm water and allow to infuse – about 3-5 mins.
- Remove T. Bags and allow to cool.
- Chill a glass and add some white wine, ice cubes and then fill with the Tea……Serve…Yummy!
O.K….so I cheated a bit and bought shop meringues (time saving), as you have probably read before I got some Edinburgh Gin’s Raspberry Liqueur…….so yes you guessed it, I used this instead of syrup……oh sooooooo yummy!
5 mini meringues
Handful of summer fruits, I used Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and redcurrants
1 tbsp Raspberry liqueur
Mix all in a bowl and devour!
A fab dessert at only 155 calories per bowl
ASSORTED MERINGUES – makes about 18.
4 Large Egg Whites
115g Caster Sugar
115g Icing Sugar
Having visited Italy recently, I’ve grown to love Limoncello, it’s so refreshing on the palate. Decided to try my hand at some sorbet.
Makes approx 10 scoops.
2 cups water
1 1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup Limoncello
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 large lemons)
1. Combine water, sugar and Limoncello in a pan and bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves (approx 5 mins)
2. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, set aside allowing to completely cool.
3. Strain mixture through a sieve into a freezable container, discarding any solids.
4. After approx 2-3 hours, remove from freezer and stir around, put back into freezer, after 1 more hour, remove and stir again. Return to freezer for 1 more hour or until solid. Should be ready to serve. Lovely and refreshing for those long summer nights.
Option:- you can also add some mint, which is also delicious.
You must be logged in to post a comment.