OMG!, these were absolutely delicious. I don’t normally eat pastries but I was trying out some new recipes for an event and my first idea didn’t go to well, so I got my thinking cap on and tried out these instead……oh wow! they were so tasty. I was so naughty though as I couldn’t stop my hand from grabbing one then another then another….lol! But we are allowed on occassions……aren’t we?
1 x ready rolled puff pastry
2 tbsp grated gruyere cheese
1 tbsp creme friache
4-6 smoked bacon rashers – chopped into bite size pieces
100g baby spinach
2 large eggs
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a little spray oil in a pan and cook bacon until slightly brown, remove with slotted spoon and keep to the side.
- Place spinach into the bacon and wilt down (will take a few minutes)
- Meanwhile mix the grated cheese with creme friache
- Beat the eggs and season well, pour over the wilted spinach and stir until scrambled in pan, remove from heat.
- Cut the pastry into 12 small squares about 4″ x 4″ roughly
- Place 1 tsp of the cheese mixture on base, then top with bacon and spinach mix, season well.
- Wet your finger in water and run your finger along outer edge of pastry square, carefully lift 1 corner and pull over mixture making a diamond like shape, take the opposite corner and pull over the pastry corner you have just moved and seal. Make sure they are sealed well or they will open when cooking.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes as this will help the pastry puff better.
- When ready to cook preheat your crisper plate for 2 minutes on dynamic crisp setting and then bake for 7 minutes or until browned. If you don’t have one of these, then you could cook on baking tray at 200 deg for about 16-18 minutes or until golden.