Another amazing purchase from the Food Assembly this week, Fresh Rainbow Beetroots and Carrots….I just love the colours and design of these vegetables, makes my plate of food more exciting. I made some lovely Italian potatoes to go with these for my fantastic veg dinner tonight. So tasty, full of flavour and very, very healthy, at under 400 calories per plate it’s a winner!
4 small roasting potatoes – cut into 4 lengthways (like wedges)
1 yellow beetroot – sliced (just look at the lovely rings inside)
1 purple carrot – chopped into chunks
1 orange carrot – chopped into chunks
Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 210 deg.
- In a roasting tin, lightly spray base with light spray oil and place the potatoes facing upward in the dish. Sprinkle with a little olive oil and Italian seasoning to desired taste, then grate a little parmesan cheese over top of potatoes.
- In a separate roasting tin, place in beetroot and carrots and spread out evenly, sprinkle a little olive oil over and season with salt & pepper, nothing else, you want to taste the amazing flavours from these vegetables.
- Place both in hot oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
- 5 minutes before ready, remove potatoes and grate a little more parmesan cheese and put back.
You must be logged in to post a comment.