Oh I know I keep going on about it, but this Crisperplate is just magical, it has saved me so many minutes in my kitchen and has given me perfect cooking results every time. This time it was a little afternoon treat.
Makes a 12″ cake
150 g Caster Sugar
225g Self Raising Flour
110g butter softened
1 tin of pineapple rounds (drained)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Whipping cream to serve
1. Mix everything together (except pineapple) in a mixer until smooth
2. Preheat Crisper for 2 mins, then pour on batter evenly
3. Place pineapple on top
4. Bake on Crisp setting for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with a large dollop of whipped cream.
I visited a Brazilian restaurant recently and was served cinnamon pineapple that completely transported me to Brazil….amazing flavour that I hadn’t tried before. Oh yes you guessed it…..I recreated it in my kitchen!
Brazilians traditionally use a spit roast, unfortunately I don’t have one of these yet so I used my good old trusty griddle pan .
1 x Fresh Pineapple
1 x Spray Coconut oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Firstly prepare pineapple and cut into slices.
- Spray little coconut oil into your griddle pan and heat to a high heat.
- Rub some cinnamon and brown sugar onto each pineapple slice and place into griddle pan, cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until caramelised and brown.
- Plate up and sprinkle cinnamon over and serve……..oh Yummy!
My take on my favourite Sweet & Sour Chicken from my Chinese Takeaway.
Makes 2 – approx 450 calories with rice.
2 x chicken Breasts – cubed
50g per person of chosen rice (I had long grain and wild rice)
1 red, green, yellow peppers – chopped
1 handful of garden peas (optional)
2 spring onions – chopped finely
FOR THE SAUCE
50 g brown sugar
2 oz Malt Vinegar
6 oz/150g Tomato Sauce (Ketchup) has to be Heinz
1 small tin pineapple chunks
1 tbsp light soy sauce
(remember 1 part sugar, 1 part vinegar to 3 parts sauce/ketchup)
1. Brown off chicken in pan with light spray oil and cook through for about 10 mins
2. Add peppers to pan and cook for further 10 mins, throw in peas and spring onions and heat through for 5 mins.
3. Meanwhile combine all ingredients for sauce and bring to a simmer for 5 mins. If you need to thicken the sauce more put tbsp of cornflour or flour in.
4. Put chicken mix into a bowl or plate and pour sauce over….yummy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.