Oh yum….that’s all I’m going to say.
I do love one pot meals, quick and easy cooking, especially on a Friday…..you’ve just finished work, weather is awful outside and you just need some home comforts and home comfort food. This is one of my go to recipes just for that occasion. Serve with a chilled glass of chardonnay and its perfection friday.
100g pasta – I used pasta twists but you can use any type
2 chicken breasts – cut into bite size pieces
200g Smoked Bacon Lardons
1 white onion – chopped finely
salt & pepper
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp spiced red pepper
low cal spray oil
1 cup milk (about 150ml)
1 large handful of grated cheese (I used cheddar), it is also delicious with parmesan.
- Spray a little oil in a pan. Fry off the bacon until slightly crispy, add the onion and fry until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Fry the chicken until browned all over.
- Add back to the pan the bacon and onion, add the garlic, red pepper, salt & pepper and mix through.
- Add in the spinach and mix until slightly wilted
- Pour in the milk and bring to the boil, then reduce slightly and simmer until pasta is cooked about 10-12 mins.
- Add in the cheese and mix through until melted.
You must be logged in to post a comment.