I love creme brulee and normally make it fresh, but I came accross the wee carton of delight in Aberdeenshire…..a ready made Creme Brulee from Devilishly Delicious based in Stonehaven.
Devilishly Delicious™ is a brand born from a true passion and commitment to food by the Macphie family. Based in Aberdeenshire, in the North East of Scotland, Macphie has been creating innovative, premium food ingredients for over 80 years and remain a family run company to this day.
The new Devilishly Delicious™ range heralds a new, exciting chapter in Macphie’s history. Building on its extensive experience and success supplying desserts and sauces into restaurants throughout the UK & Internationally, Macphie are delighted to now bring the new Devilishly Delicious™ range of products to you, to enjoy at home with friends and family.
The Devilishly Delicious™ team are passionate about great tasting food, after all its one of life’s great pleasures! Join the team in this exciting new journey and you too can experiment in the kitchen and create restaurant quality desserts from Devilishly Delicious™.
I still had some Nutella left in my cupboard and decided to combine the two to make an absolutely delicious pudding.
1. Melt the nutella in a microwave for about 30 secs until slightly smooth and spoon into a ramekin, only enough to cover the base.
2. Empty the DD Creme Brulee into a pan and bring to the boil stirring continually, remove from hob and pour into ramekins.
3. Put into a refrigerator for 1-2 hours to set. Before serving sprinkle some brown demerara sugar on top and heat under a very high grill for about 1-2 mins until bubbly and brown. (or if your lucky enough to have a kitchen blow torch, use that to brown), and serve. Deliciously yummy!
If you want to make creme brulee from fresh, here are the ingredients and method:-
1 large carton double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 pod
4 egg yolks
50g caster sugar
1. Mix Cream, milk and vanilla into a pan and heat through bringing to a boil, remove from heat once boiled
2. Beat eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk
3. Pour slowly the cream mixture into the egg mixture using a handheld whisk
4. Pour mixture into ramekins. Place ramekins into a large roasting oven tray and pour water into large tray so that it covers the ramekins about 1 cm from top. (like a ban marie), place into a preheated oven 160deg for 35 mins.
You must be logged in to post a comment.