I am now back to work after a long furlough period due to this Covid19 pandemic. Being back at work means that I prefer quick and easy cooking meals for mid week dining. Last thing I want is to finish a long work day and stand cooking for an hour, who’s with me?
This dish takes just 15 minutes, so its a quick throw together in one pan kinda dish, but packs flavour and spice. Good on its own or can serve with some rice. I also used freshly picked Spinach from my new veggie beds (furlough project).
200g chopped tomatoes
80g chorizo – sliced or cut into bite size pieces
1 brown onion – chopped
1 yellow pepper – chopped
Handful of Spinach – chopped
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp basil flakes or fresh leaves to serve if you have
Salt & pepper to taste
100g Wholemeal or Basmati Rice if serving. (cooked as per packet instructions)
- Spray a pan with oil and heat on a medium to high heat
- Brown onions in pan for a few minutes
- Add in the pepper and chorizo with garlic and chilli flakes and cook for a few minutes
- Add in the tin tomatoes and chickpeas, mix through, bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 1 minute before serving, add in the spinach and basil flakes, mix through. Season
- Serve on a bed of rice. Yum!