Why not? 6 Layer fillings? Hungry?
This is full of flavour and very filling, great for a dinner or lunch. With the weather being rather warm of late I was looking for alternatives for a refreshing cool dinner and this certainly filled my expectations. Fresh, light, cooling, filling and flavoursome.
Makes 6 wraps.
6 Wholemeal Wraps (shop bought)
1 large avocado
1 can refried beans
Handful of lettuce leaves – your choice as anything goes. (I used peppery leaves)
Chorizo – chopped into small chunks
1 tbsp olive oil
Handful fresh parsley – chopped
1 tbsp lime juice
2 Handfuls of cheddar cheese – grated
1 small cup of sour cream
1/2 cucumber – chopped finely
1 yellow pepper – chopped finely
3 spring onions – chopped finely
pinch of Salt
1 chilli or jalapeno – finely chopped
- Cook the chorizo in a pan over medium heat until browned, remove and allow to cool
- Mash the avocado, lime juice, parsley and salt together until smooth
- Prepare the wraps as per packet instructions.
- Now the exciting and messy bit…….the assembly:-
1. Spread 1 tbsp of sour cream onto wrap
2. Then spread 2 tbsp of refried beans
3. Spread 1 tbsp of the avocado mix
4. Sprinkle some Chorizo over top
5. Lay the salad toppings – lettuce, cucumber, pepper and spring onions
6. Finally the cheese and sprinkle of chopped spice (chilli or jalapenos)
7. Roll up into a manageable wrap. Yummy!